It was good to catch up with everyone at Rod’s Meatery Sausage Sizzle 14/10/17. I was reminded that it’s been two years since I joined my forever family and it was probably time I wrote my happy tail (that I did promise to do, well, yes, two years ago!)
But a lot has happened in two years and when do you find time to put paw to paper? I’d like to thank Cocker Spaniel Rescue – they do amazing work and there’s something special about seeing loving dogs re-homed.
Anyhow, this is all about me and I don’t mind being in the spotlight. It was fair to say I had a few behavioural issues when I first moved in with Callie Raines and the humans. Every day things like birds, bikes, cars, skateboards, postman, butterflies, garbage trucks, small lizards, telephones, children of a certain size, elderly of a certain smell, strangers in general and even new potted plants could lead to heightened levels of excitement that wasn’t good for me or those nearby. But my family have taught me that I don’t need to fear these things. Now I can happily enjoy a stroll* down the street and even if I saw a granny on a skateboard being towed by a garbage truck I can control the urge to explode*.
I’ve also got used to crowds and can cruise busy markets, and (I can’t believe I’m about to say this) let nice strangers pat me with permission. We always seem to find sausages at these events – damn those Germans do good sausages! I’ve also done some work on my fellow dog interaction skills and enjoy going to Paws & Relax doggie day care every now and then (I get my haircut there too, so the groomers are very patient and understanding).
List of my favourite things:
- Being upside-down getting tummy rubs.
- Excursions/Car – if the car door is open I’ll be in the drivers’ seat.
- Running. I’ve built my own dirt racetrack around the front yard.
- Running some more just after having run a lot.
- Water – pools, ponds, sea, creeks, drains & small muddy pools of water that no one else can find except me.
- Callie – I should have put her higher up the list but this all about me!
List of genuine concerns:
- Weather in general – lightning and rain more specifically – just so unnecessary.
- Birds are still evil and have got to be stopped from carrying out their Master Plan. Have you noticed that they’re always watching you?
- String theory.
My concerns don’t worry too much though – life is good!
Hope to see you all at the next CSR event! Christmas is nearly here!
*Note: these might be slight exaggerations.